Wednesday 6 May 2015

SED 5 - storm in a teacup

Today had its ups and downs. Just as I set off into DC to buy gifts for my nephews and nieces who I'll be seeing next week in Israel, I got an e-mail from my mother-in-law that basically said that the day I was coming to visit her and my father- and sister-in-law was very inconvenient and could I change it. Now, I will be in Israel for six days, with the last two days - the Friday and Saturday - basically being devoted to my nephew's bar mitzvah, which is why we are going (we = me, A and S. ADC is going to visit colleagues in Arizona). That leaves four days, including the day we actually land. Can I change anything at this stage? Not without a huge hassle which I am not prepared to do, especially since I sent everyone my schedule on April 18 precisely so that if anyone needed to change plans, they would be able to do so. 

I bitched about this to ADC during lunch with him in a lovely Asian-fusion restaurant called Teaism, and he took my side against his mother, thus proving once more that he is a Good Husband. On the metro on the way home, my sister-in-law ("the only sensible adult in that house," to quote ADC) e-mailed to apologise for her mother's earlier mail, and to say that everything had been sorted out and I should come as planned. Whew! Much mental agony wasted. 

I managed to get quite a lot of editing done even with arriving home at 2:30, and I cut out a new pattern after supper: Tofino shorts. I'm not sure about the fabric, it might be a bit sheer, but that's why this will be a wearable muslin...

No comments:

Post a Comment